Sunday 17 April 2016

3MW proposal


  • My documentary is going to be about an unsigned local indie band. I will include footage from their practice before a gig, the gig itself and interviews with a few members of the band.
  • It will focus on the difficulties that band who's are just starting out face and how DIY venues benefit bands such as these as well as the people going to see them. 
  • It will be observational as the audience will be observing the band play but it will also be slightly expository as their will be interviews offering opinions and information.
  •  My audience will be people who are interested in music whether they listen to that genre of music in particular or just have an interest in learning about the band.
  •  There will be no particular age range for my target audience. Im hoping this documentary will firstly promote the band and secondly educate people on the struggles that independent bands face and how small DIY venues benefit them and the people attending the gigs.
  •  I will be filming in london at three different locations: the practice room, the venue and the guitarists bedroom. I'm also going to film at the Art center in Norwich. I will already be going to these locations therefore my production will not cost anything. I will need all the band and their manager to film. 
  • Here are a few of the questions I may ask: 
For Jack and Harley-

How did Teen Brains start?
What music genre would you say Teen Brains are?
What artists have influenced you in your music?
What have been the biggest moments in your career?
I heard you done a show at the Owl Sanctuary on your tour with Turnover, how important do you feel DIY venues are for bands that are just starting out like yourselves?

  • I will need to hire out a camera, two SD cards, a rode mic, a zoom mic, a boom, tripod and clip on mics. 



When looking at my responses from my questionnaire I found that a lot of people seem to not know what a DIY venue is or know much about them. Also I found that people didn't know what the term shoegaze means which is something I expected to find from my responses. After speaking to my teacher and looking at my responses I've decided to include another interview with someone either in the music industry or someone that works in a small venue. I will ask about the good points to these venues and how they benefit small bands. I also might ask about the term shoegaze so the audience can gain some knowledge about the genre.  

No comments:

Post a Comment